Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture
POSTING #: PRC-2024-003
Cemetery Custodian (5-month contract, 40 hours per week)
North Grenville is a growing municipality located in eastern Ontario housing a unique blend of small-town and rural culture. Comprised of an urban centre (Kemptville) and surrounded by several charming rural hamlets, North Grenville is situated between Canada’s National Capital - Ottawa and the St. Lawrence River, only a 30-minute drive along the Veterans Memorial Highway (416), to either destination.
The Municipality of North Grenville is seeking to fill the position of Cemetery Custodian in the Parks, Recreation and Culture Department. Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualification in confidence to Human Resources by Friday, March 15th, 2024, no later than 4 p.m. EST.
Please quote “PRC-2024-003”.
Mail: Municipality of North Grenville
285 County Road 44, P.O. Box 130
Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0
This position will:
- Locates grave plots, opens and closes graves
- Supervises heavy equipment contractor when opening and closing graves for full burials and contractors installing bases and monuments
- Operates, cleans and maintains all cemetery tools and equipment
- Maintains cemetery grounds by mowing, trimming, seeding and fertilizing
- Maintains headstones, foot stones and other grave markers
- Repairs graves that have settled
- Removes dead flowers, prunes shrubs and trees
- Performs other duties relevant to the position as assigned
Essential (minimum) Qualifications:
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent education and training.
- Previous experience relating to cemetery operation and maintenance considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in workplace health and safety and WHMIS
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Physically fit to perform the essential duties of the job
- Valid and in good standing Class G driver’s license
- Valid and satisfactory Vulnerable Persons Search
- The salary range for this position is $17.33/hr-$19.48/hr.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality of North Grenville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and any other applicable legislation throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.