North Grenville is recruiting for a Facilities Attendant (Part-Time) to work within the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department.
Situated between Canada’s National Capital - Ottawa and the St. Lawrence River, North Grenville offers a unique urban experience with a blend of small town and rural culture. North Grenville is a growing municipality located in eastern Ontario comprised of an urban centre (Kemptville) and surrounded by several charming rural hamlets.
Only a 30-minute drive along the Veterans Memorial Highway (416), to either Ottawa or the 401 Corridor, providing ease of travel. Alternatively, for a more leisure journey, North Grenville offers the historic Rideau River managed by Parks Canada.
The Municipality of North Grenville is seeking to fill part-time positions of Facilities Attendant in the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department. Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualification in confidence to Human Resources by October 2nd, 2023, no later than 4:00 p.m.
Please quote “PRC-2023-010”.
Mail: Municipality of North Grenville
285 County Road 44, P.O. Box 130
Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0
The position will:
- Be responsible for maintenance of Municipal facilities including janitorial duties
- Ensure proper maintenance of all facilities and equipment
- Respond to inquiries regarding recreation and culture programs and other services offered by the Municipality of North Grenville
- Work in compliance with all Workplace Health and Safety legislation in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Municipality of North Grenville Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Interact with various user groups of the facilities to ensure smooth operations
- Ensure excellent customer service to all facility users, maintaining a positive image of the Municipality and ensuring that the municipal facilities and services are profiled in a positive manner
The position will require:
Essential (minimum) Qualifications:
- Secondary School student (or graduate)
- Demonstrated Excellent customer service skills
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check (for candidates 18 years and older)
Asset (preferred) Qualifications:
- Valid and in good standing Class “G” Drivers licence
- WHMIS, Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Understanding of appropriate safety precautions
- Strong ability in taking direction and following through with the given task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to operate mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of, or experience with facility maintenance
- Experience in multipurpose facilities maintenance
The salary for this position is $15.50/hour. Includes after office hours including evenings and/or weekends, as necessary.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality of North Grenville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and any other applicable legislation throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.