North Grenville is a growing municipality located in eastern Ontario housing a unique blend of small town and rural culture. Comprised of an urban center (Kemptville) and surrounded by several charming rural hamlets, North Grenville is situated between Canada’s National Capital – Ottawa and the St. Lawrence River, only a 30-minute drive along the Veterans Memorial Highway (416), to either destination. North Grenville offers many tourist attractions, businesses, and outdoor destinations including the historic Rideau River and Kemptville Creek.
The Municipality of North Grenville is seeking to fill the position of Tourism Student. Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualification in confidence to Human Resources by Friday, March 31, 2023, no later than 4 p.m. EST.
Please quote “EcDev-2023-002”.
Mail: Municipality of North Grenville
285 County Road 44, P.O. Box 130
Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0
Under the direction of the Manager of Economic Development and the Tourism Coordinator, the Tourism Student is responsible for carrying out various activities relating to economic development, tourism, communications, marketing, and website development.
The position will:
- Greet all visitors in a friendly and professional manner & respond to visitor inquiries at the North Grenville Municipal Centre and online
- Support the Municipality’s marketing efforts and administrative requirements
- Develop communications, social media and promotional material for tourism and economic development websites and publications
- Assist the Economic Development team in implementing tourism priorities identified in the North Grenville Tourism Strategy
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of the region including but not limited to: attractions, accommodations, restaurants, places to shop, festivals and events, parks, various cycling, paddling and driving routes
- Attend meetings as part of the North Grenville Economic Development team
- Support investment attraction and business retention and expansion activities and other initiatives as they arise
- Provide marketing and advice and assistant to business owners
Essential (minimum) Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Business, Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Tourism/Hospitality, or related program at a recognized post-secondary educational institution
- Ability to provide and maintain a home-based office, with the ability to work from the Municipal office or travel within the community when required, adaptability
- Ability to provide exceptional internal and external customer service in a consistent and professional manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to come up with creative ideas and solutions to support economic development and tourism priorities
Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Asset (preferred) Qualifications:
- Related experience working in a municipal government or related field
- Writing Skills
The salary for this position is $15.50 based on a thirty-five (35) hour work week. Includes after office hours including evenings and/or weekends, as necessary, to attend after hours meeting or events.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality of North Grenville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and any other applicable legislation throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.