The mandate of the Active Transportation Advisory Committee is to implement the integrated trails strategy within the Municipality of North Grenville and to expand, enhance and promote a public municipal active transportation system.
The Active Transportation Advisory Committee shall:
- Research and gather information on best practices for trails development and opportunities for external funding,
- Recommend the maintenance or development of all trail systems and any other trail systems within or connecting Municipal Parks (existing or proposed), including signage or trail markers,
- Recommend promotional materials and organize/participate in events to promote trail use,
- Assist in prioritization of trail development, and
- Receive items for information, discuss trails related matters or make written recommendations to Council
Committee membership will be a minimum of four (4) volunteer members and a member of Council who shall be the Chairperson.
The Committee shall meet at least quarterly. Additional meetings shall be held at the call of the Chair.
Parks, Recreation & Culture
Director of Parks, Recreation & Culture – Mark Guy
The Director of Parks Recreation & Culture shall assign agenda and minute taking responsibilities to a staff member in that Department.