The purpose of the Economic Development Advisory Committee is to:
- assist the Municipality in an advisory capacity by considering and making recommendations to Council on economic development policies and programs,
- assist the Municipality in marketing the community to investors.
The Committee shall:
- maintain and improve the economic development opportunities in North Grenville,
- assist staff and Council and participate in marketing programs to outside investors,
- develop and maintain business retention and expansion programs,
- represent and advocate for North Grenville in economic development matters,
- along with Council and staff, participate in future strategic economic planning processes,
- develop and recommend to Council strategies to enhance North Grenville’s economic viability,
- develop and recommend economic development policies (i.e. marketing programs, downtown revitalization program, special projects and initiatives),
- work with outside agencies and the private sector to ensure the development and promotion of North Grenville,
- consult with community groups and businesses in matters relating to economic development,
- evaluate and review economic development programs/policies and make recommendations to Council regarding any changes,
- assist in the implementation of Council adopted strategies and plans.
The Committee shall consist of a minimum of six (6) members including a member of Council who shall be the Chairperson and a representative from the Grenville Community Futures Development Corporation.
The Committee shall meet at least quarterly. Additional meetings shall be held at the call of the Chair.
Planning & Development
Director of Planning & Development or Economic Development Coordinator, Matt Gilmer
The Director of Planning & Development shall assign agenda and minute taking responsibilities to a staff member in that Department.