A few Reminders:
- Emergency Provincial Orders remain in place prohibiting gatherings of more than 10 people. This applies to all public use of opened outdoor park facilities.
- To allow for physical distancing and to limit the spread of COVID-19 when using outdoor sport amenities, maintain a 2 metre distance from others, and avoid picking up someone else’s sports equipment.
- Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face. Use hand sanitizer when hand washing facilities are not available. Bring your own pre-filled water bottle, do not share water.
The Municipality’s priority is protecting the health and safety of our residents. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.
Splash Pad at e-Quinelle Park will be open daily beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020, from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm. Staff will be present on site at all times. Residents are asked to follow the rules and regulations posted on site to ensure the health and safety of users and staff.
Sports fields are open for casual use and training and skills development for up 10 people; however, organized games are not permitted in keeping with restrictions placed on sports fields as part of the Provincial Re-opening Plan.
North Grenville Municipal Centre Arenas
Arena 2 will be open for use beginning August 17, 2020 with Arena 1 opening on September 11, 2020. Municipal staff will be closely monitoring the decisions of the Province related to the use of our municipal arenas and will update our user groups and the public as more information becomes available.
Community Outdoor Pool
The Municipality of North Grenville has made the difficult decision to not open the Kemptville Pool for the 2020 season. The physical design and limitations of the community pool do not allow us to meet mandatory social distancing measures, or the provincial public health requirements for the general operation of municipal pools that would ensure the health and safety of users or operations staff.
Tennis & Pickleball Courts are open. Please follow the new guidelines during COVID-19. Please check the hours of use before going.
- Players must bring their own supplies and equipment, including marked balls.
- Do not handle or borrow another player’s equipment.No spectators or social visiting on the courts.
- If all courts are busy, please return another time.
- Players are responsible to bring their own supplies to sanitize their equipment and hands.
Benches, picnic tables, bleachers and gates
Park equipment is not sanitized. Users are responsible to bring supplies for safe hand hygiene.
SkatePark is open.
North Grenville’s trails remain open. This includes trails at Ferguson Forest, Kemptville Campus and Limerick Forest. Please respect physical distancing.
Boat launches are open. This includes Curry Park and Muldoon. Please maintain physical distancing protocols both on and off the water.
Anniversary dock is now in and can be used.
Henry Street Beach is open.
Ferguson Dog Park has reopened. Please follow the new guidelines during COVID-19.
- Dog owners should maintain physical distancing and not cluster to socialize.
- Water station will remain closed at this time.
- Dogs can be unpredictable. You may find yourself having to break physical distance requirements to deal with dog behaviour. Masks are recommended for your safety when you can’t keep proper distance.
You can also walk your dog in a park’s greenspace, so long it is leashed at all times. Please remember to scoop up poop.
Playgrounds remain CLOSED. Provincial Orders remain in effect prohibiting the use of play structures, swings, slides, splash pads, and outdoor exercise equipment.
Municipal Summer Camps Cancelled for 2020
The Municipality partners with the YMCA of Eastern Ontario for Camp Summerside and Above the Rim Basketball School for our sports camps. These camps have all been cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19 related circumstances. The YMCA issued a media release regarding their cancellations.