The Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 requires the Council of the Municipality of North Grenville to establish a municipal accessibility advisory committee.
The North Grenville Accessibility Advisory Committee shall assist the Municipality in an advisory capacity to:
- carry out the duties as outlined in the Ontarians with Disabilities Act,
- consult with community members, stakeholder groups and other persons on matters relating to accessibility,
- in conjunction with staff, participate in building and facility audits and reports,
- in conjunction with staff, participate in the preparation of the municipal accessibility plan and its presentation to Council,
- in conjunction with staff, participate in the preparation of annual or other accessibility standard reports,
- communicate and participate with similar accessibility committees in the Municipality of North Grenville or that have facilities/buildings within North Grenville.
Committee membership will be a minimum of four (4) volunteer members and a member of Council who shall be the Chairperson. The majority of members shall be persons with a disability.
The Committee shall meet at least quarterly. Additional meetings shall be held at the call of the Chair.
Parks, Recreation & Culture
Director of Parks, Recreation & Culture – Mark Guy
The Director of Parks Recreation & Culture shall assign agenda and minute taking responsibilities to a staff member in that Department. The Facilities Supervisor shall attend meetings as a resource person to the Committee.