The purpose of the Committee is to assist the Municipality in an advisory capacity.
- to assist the Municipality in receiving, reviewing, assessing and recommending potential candidates for community grants pursuant to the following:
- make recommendations to Council on annual funding allocations for budgetary purposes;
- receive, review, assess applications against Council approved guidelines and criteria;
- make recommendations to Council for grants to eligible community organizations; and
- review and make recommendations to Council on the guidelines, eligibility and other criteria used for community grants.
- to assist the Municipality in receiving, reviewing, assessing and recommending potential candidates for civic awards in accordance with the approved Municipal budget pursuant to following:
- develop a marketing plan to ensure the residents and businesses of North Grenville are aware of this program;
- advertise annually for nominations for civic awards;
- set up an evaluation and assessment process to ensure fairness, objectiveness, and equity;
- collect additional information and data on nominees, if necessary; and
- make recommendations to Council as to who should receive the civic awards.
Committee membership will be a minimum of two (2) volunteer members and a member of Council.
The Committee shall meet as required.
The Treasurer shall assign agenda and minute taking responsibilities to a staff member in that Department.