This new Community Strategic Plan is building on the success of North Grenville’s original plan and is laying out the strategic direction for the community for the next 5 to 10 years. North Grenville’s new Community Strategic Plan will:
- Advise local partners on strategies to diversify the local economy, create jobs, attract new businesses and retain existing businesses;
- Identify actions that will continue the revitalization of the downtown core;
- Help to create opportunities for local residents to be artistically expressive and celebrate local culture and heritage;
- Guide the Municipality on strategies to satisfy the recreational needs of all age groups;
- Be designed in such a way as to allow the strategic actions to be implemented as part of the North Grenville Asset Management Plan;
- Inform the design and implementation of a communication strategy that will help the Municipality to better communicate with ratepayers, and particularly with rural residents seeking to preserve the rural way of life;
- Inspire the Municipality and community of North Grenville to integrate the principles of sustainability into its plans, programs and activities;
- Establish the dialogue of sustainability between North Grenville’s community planners and developers by clarifying the expectations of the community and the Municipality and acting as a starting point for future developments; and
- Demonstrate how the Municipality can work with partners to keep residents moving by developing active transportation corridors, improving walkability and maintaining a safe network of roadways.
Once again, success will be the result of people working together on specific projects. The Municipality will play a leadership role, but the supporting implementation will be done on a project by project basis.