Leaf and Yard Waste Collection *New*
Beginning February 2021, leaf and yard waste will be accepted for curbside collection up to 4 times per year. There is a charge of $1.00 per bag (leaf/yard bag tag required).
2021 Leaf/yard waste collection dates are:
- May 31 - June 4
- June 7 - 11
- October 25 - 29
- November 8 - 12
Leaf and Yard Waste Items Accepted:
- Branches (no longer than 1.25cm or 5cm in diametre)
- Fallen fruit
- Lawn and garden trimmings
- Plants and weeds
Note: Any item not specifically listed in the Acceptable List shall be deemed not acceptable.
Leaf and Yard Waste Items NOT Accepted:
- Plastic bags and biodegradable plastic bags are NOT allowed for bagging leaf and yard waste
- Any material or tree cuttings over 5 cm (2 in.) in diameter
- No earth, rocks or sodNo logs or stumps
- No treated lumber or wood products
Note: Leaf and yard waste should not be mixed with any other type of waste (i.e., Green Bin Organics, household waste, etc.)
Approved Leaf and Yard Waste Containers
- Paper bags and bound bundles.
- Reusable plastic containers/bins.
Grasscycling and leaf mulching are alternatives to leaf and yard waste curbside collection. See instructions and tips below to learn more about these options.
What is Grasscycling?
Grasscycling is the recycling of grass by leaving clippings on the lawn after mowing. Grass clippings break down in a few days and return nutrients to the soil.
What is Leaf Mulching
Leaf mulching is the process of shredding leaves with a lawnmower and using them as mulch on your gardens and lawn.
Christmas trees with ALL decorations and tinsel removed can be disposed of for free by taking them to the Oxford Mills Waste Transfer Station in the month of January. There is NO curbsidepick-up of Christmas trees. After January, regular leaf & yard waste fees apply.
See Waste Transfer Station Hours here.