Curbside garbage collection
The Municipality of North Grenville provides curbside pick-up for household solid waste (garbage) throughout the Municipality as regulated By-Law 10-09. For the purpose of curbside pick-up, the Municipality is divided into 5 zones with pick-up occurring in one of the zones each day Monday through Friday. Waste is to be placed close to the edge of the road between 7 p.m. the night before and 7 a.m. on the day of collection. All solid waste placed curbside for collection (10-bag max.) must have a bag tag attached. The cost of a bag tag is applied directly to the cost of collecting and disposing of solid waste. The more you recycle the less solid waste you will produce, reducing your bag tag costs.
Residents are also able to take their solid waste to the Waste Transfer Station themselves. Waste must either be properly tagged with bag tags or material will be weighted and charged accordingly.
Did you know that approximately 30% of your household garbage is compostable? Consider a back yard composter to help reduce your environmental footprint and decrease your bag tag costs.
Solid Waste FAQ
How often is garbage collected?
- Garbage is collected weekly
- Recyclables are picked up on alternating weeks (fibre one week, containers the next).
- Only non-recyclable items should be placed in the garbage. Recyclable items are collected separately.
When and where to put your garbage
- Put garbage a maximum of 10 feet from the edge of the road any time after 7pm the day before and no later than 7am on your collection day.
Acceptable garbage containers
- Solid waste containers must not be larger than 127 litres (28 Imp. Gal.)
- Bags must not be larger than 127 litres (28 Imp. Gal.) and 30” x 36” in size.
- Maximum weight of containers or bags - 22 Kg or 50 lbs.
How many garbage bags can I put out at once?
- There is a 10-bag limit.
How do I dispose of large items?
- Large items are not collected at the curb side and must be taken to a licensed facility. They may be self-hauled to the Oxford Mills Waste Transfer Station where posted rates will apply.
What company picks up the garbage and recycle
- Glenview Iron & Metal (Solid Waste) 613-283-5230
- Cruickshank Construction Ltd. (Recycing) 613-258-9111