ng logo

Frequently Asked Questions (Water)

Why do I suddenly have no water?

You may not have water for a number of reasons such as a water main break, a street valve having been closed, internal plumbing (your main valve may be closed), frozen water line or meter or non-payment of your water bill.  If you require further information, please contact the Water & Wastewater Division by email or phone at 613-258-9569 ext. 159.

What is a curb stop or shut-off valve?

A curb stop or shut-off valve is the valve on the Municipality’s water service connection owned and used by the Municipality to turn on and off the water supply from the water distribution system to any premises.  

What should I do if my curb stop has raised or sunk in my driveway or yard?

If there is an issue with your curb stop, please contact the Water & Wastewater Division to have this addressed.  Curb stops may only be operated or repaired by a Municipal water operator unless otherwise approved by the Superintendent of Environmental Services.

Who can operate a fire hydrant?

Only certified municipal employees and firefighters may take water from hydrants.  If you suspect someone is taking water illegally, please call the Water & Wastewater Division at 613-258-9569 ext. 159.