The consultation process this fall engaged over 1,100 people who filled out the online survey, attended an open house, or who participated in a stakeholder discussion.
A Public Open House to invite feedback from residents and business leaders will be held on Wednesday, December 11 from 6 pm – 8 pm at the Municipal Centre.
The Draft Master Plan includes over 70 recommendations, including:
- Develop a New Parks Classifications system;
- Establish new playgrounds at the Municipal Centre and Glen Gables Park, and consider natural/adventure play components that incorporate natural materials;
- Review key recreation policies including ice allocation, fees and charges;
- Develop a sports field and theatre allocation policy;
- Promote awareness on the critical importance of outdoor play, and support outdoor education, stewardship and climate change mitigation initiatives through the parks and open space system;
The Draft Master Plan also supported the majority of proposed infrastructure upgrades, including a multi-season splash pad/ice pad, pickle ball courts, a walking path around the perimeter, as well as lighting at Riverside Park which were recently part of an application for provincial/federal recreation funding (the application is still pending).
To view the Draft Plan and all recommendations visit the website at: www.northgrenville.ca/PRCmasterplan.
Monteith Brown Planning Consultants will present the Draft Plan at the Committee of the Whole Meeting on Tuesday, December 10th in the Urbandale Arts Centre at the Municipality of North Grenville (285 CR44 Kemptville). Members of the public are invited to attend.
- 30 -