There are a number of roundabouts in North Grenville. When used properly they are designed to handle a high volume of vehicles and lower speeds, reduce stop time, provide traffic calming, and reduce fuel consumption and emissions.
A few key tips to remember when approaching a roundabout:
- Slow down and yield to drivers in the roundabout
- Enter when there is a safe gap in the traffic
- Indicate a right turn as you approach your exit
- Stay in your lane; do not change lanes
- Remember to always watch for and yield to pedestrians
The Road Safety public awareness campaign aims to promote safe driving behaviours and make roads in North Grenville safer for all users.
The North Grenville Road Safety Campaign Committee is comprised of the Municipality of North Grenville, the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, the Grenville County Ontario Provincial Police, and the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
For more details on the campaign visit the webpage at www.northgrenville.ca/roadsafety.
- 30 -
For more information please contact: