“As we prepare for the new waste management program, we encourage you to carefully review the Solid Waste, Recycling and Organics Collection Guide to better understand the new waste management program,” said Mayor Nancy Peckford.
“Council recognizes that this will be a significant transition and we are committed to actively working with residents and businesses to get it right,” she added.
Key information for residents to prepare for the New Waste Program:
- Green bins will be delivered to each household between January 18 – 27. Included in the Green Bin will be a smaller kitchen bin and the new Waste, Recycling and Organics Collection Guide with details on the program – including the updated 2021 Collection Calendar.
- If you have not received your bins by January 28, please call the Municipality at 613-258-9569 ext. 133.
- The new Waste, Recycling and Organics Collection Guide outlines information for residents, including what the organics collection (green bin) accepts, tips on using the green bins, and the new collection calendar for 2021.
- Solid waste will be collected every other week (Bi-weekly). This has been reflected in the calendar as Garbage Week 1 and Garbage Week 2 collection. Recycling and Organics collection occurs weekly.
- There is NO bag tag requirement for the weekly organic (green bin) pick-up.
- Bag tags ($2.75/each), however, are still required for the bi-weekly solid waste program. The old bag tags ($1.75) can be reimbursed at the Municipal Centre once the provincial lockdown has lifted. Bag tags can be purchased at participating vendors and online.
- There will be a 30-day grace period for the use of the old bag tags.
- There are new bag tags for leaf and yard waste ($1.00) and bulky items ($12.50). Bulky items and leaf and yard waste will be collected up to four times a year. Dates for 2021 are marked on the collection calendar and online.
- For residents living in apartment and multi-units, please contact your property manager for details on organics collection. Each multi-unit residential building will handle waste and organics collection differently. Property managers looking for more info to participate are asked to contact Brandon Shipman at or 613-258-9569 ext. 151.
The new waste management program provides the residents of North Grenville with additional services that encourage waste diversion and reduce the ecological footprint of the municipality.
For more information on the new waste program visit www.NGrecycles.ca.
- 30 -