If conditions are suitable, valid burn permit holders are approved to manage an open-air fire. Persons must validate their burning by calling the telephone number on their permit.
Residents must obtain a burn permit before they have an open-air fire. Permits are $15 and available online.
Only residents living in an area approved for open-air burning can obtain a fire permit. Residents are reminded to follow the guidelines and by-law. Permits are conditional and can be revoked at any time.
For more information on open-air burning and fire permits visit www.northgrenville.ca/fire.
Safety Tips for an open-air burn:
- An open air fire must be attended by the permit holder at all times. The fire must be completely extinguished before leaving the site.
- Burn only clean & dry wood material so not to create unnecessary smoke and nuisance to neighbours.
- Burning should only occur when conditions are safe. No wind and clear all vegetation and other material that could spread the fire.
- NEVER use flammable liquids, such as gasoline, to start your fire.
- Maintain close supervision of children and pets.
For more information contact: