Fines are doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present. Drivers can also be fined up to $500 and three demerit points for not obeying the sign of the traffic control person.
Tips for Driving through Construction Zones:
- Plan ahead and avoid delays. Be aware of construction zones and consider alternative routes.
- Pay attention at all times. Do not be distracted by the radio or cell phones; do not eat or drink while driving.
- Adhere to the posted speed limit and other signage.Watch for workers, signs, traffic signals, pavement markings, or uneven pavement.
- Keep a safe distance between vehicles - sudden stops are common in construction zones.
- Expect the unexpected. Road surfaces and traffic patterns change frequently in work zones. Anticipate detours and stops.
Planned road construction projects for North Grenville in 2021 include:
- County Road 44
- Wellington Road
- River Road
- Bolton Road
- Scotch Line Road W
- Tompkins Road
- Latimer, Latourell, Pelton, Sheppard Roads
- Boundary Road
- Lindsay Road
- Sanderson Road
- Stone Road
- Crozier Road
- Van Buren Street
- Irishtown Road
The Road Safety public awareness campaign aims to promote safe driving behaviours and make roads in North Grenville safer for all users. A portion of the campaign is funded with a grant provided by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation.
The North Grenville Road Safety Campaign Committee is comprised of the Municipality of North Grenville, the North Grenville Police Services Board, the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, the Grenville County Ontario Provincial Police, and the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
Visit our website for more details on the campaign including safe route school maps: www.northgrenville.ca/roadsafety.
For more information please contact: