“I would like to thank staff, Council and residents for engaging in the budget process this year,” said Deputy Mayor and Chair of Corporate Services Barb Tobin. “With the addition of the pre-budget survey, visual presentations and question and answer sessions, including questions from email and social media submissions, we had valuable and varied resource tools to use during this year’s deliberations. This certainly provided an increased opportunity for engagement on several levels through multiple channels.”
The total budget is $18.7 million including $4.2 million set aside for capital projects. This represents a 39% increase in capital spending over 2015. Some highlights of the approved capital projects for the year are:
- Rehabilitation of portions of River Road, Smith Road, Bedell Road and French Settlement Road among others
- Gravel rebuild of Whitney Road, McGovern Road East and Townline Road among others
- The closure of the arenas at the North Grenville Municipal Centre in April and May in order to undertake maintenance and rehabilitation work
- Construction of the Waterfront Trail and the County Road 44 Trail
- Renovation of the former Armoury Building
All the 2016 budget information, including staff presentations and the question and answer presentations are available on the Municipal website at www.northgrenville.ca.