The Public Works Department will provide a safe and effective travel space for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists while maintaining proper drainage and accessibility to the roadway. The construction of the concrete sidewalk will take place between Somerville Road and Holy Cross Elementary School (See photo Appendix 1 – Concrete Sidewalk).
The works which are planned include:
- Installation of a Stormwater pipe for drainage purposes and to accommodate the new construction (where required)
- Adjustment of the existing drainage flows (where applicable)
- Installation of a 1.5 m wide concrete sidewalk, conforming to all accessibility standards
- Proper integration into the current asphalt roadway and private access driveways
- In the coming months an additional project will commence to install a Multi-use pathway along Hurd Street. At this time appropriate intersection modifications, signage and road painting will be completed at the intersection of Somerville Road, Hurd Street, County Road 18 and Clothier Street West.
It is of utmost importance to minimize any disturbances and to respect property boundaries when completing the work. This being said, construction will create some inconvenience for home owners. Residents will continue to have full access, with temporary interruptions, to their property during the construction process.
We appreciate your cooperation and thank you in advance for your patience. If you have any concerns or require additional information please do not hesitate to contact Ryan Brault, Project Coordinator or Councillor John Barclay, Public Works Liaison: