- Indicate intention to cross
- Wait for traffic to stop
- Make eye contact to ensuredriver sees you
- Dismount and walk your bike across road
- When riding with traffic, follow rules for drivers
- Be prepared to stop for pedestrians
- Stop behind the yield line
- Make eye contact to ensure pedestrian sees you
- Wait until pedestrian completely crosses before proceeding
Key tips when approaching a roundabout:
Pedestrian crossovers (PXO’s) are a new way for pedestrians & cyclists to easily and safely cross the road. By law, drivers and cyclists must stop and yield to pedestrians intending to cross the road, and wait for them to completely reach the other side before driving. Pedestrian Crossovers are marked by signs and pavement markings.
With the upcoming expansion of County Road 43, additional roundabouts will be built. Existing roundabouts will also be re-designed to improve safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians – including safe crossings for pedestrians.