Are you and your family prepared in case of emergency?
North Grenville, like every municipality, regardless of size and location, can be seriously disrupted by an emergency. This could take the form of a severe storm, flood, fire, chemical spill or other disaster.
72 Hours: Is Your Family Prepared?
If an emergency happens, it may take emergency workers some time to reach you. Be prepared to take care of yourself and your family for a minimum of 72 hours.
Please refer to the resources below to help you get prepared.
- Floods - Be Flood Ready!
For information on North Grenville water levels, see the following websites: Rideau Valley Conservation Authority, and the South Nation Conservation Authority Need sandbags? Sandbags, shovels, and sand are available anytime (open 24/7) for residents at the Public Works Garage, 2814 Concession Road, Kemptville. (Fill Your Own)
- Winter storms
- Extreme heat
- Forest fires
Power Outage - Be Prepared
- Before an outage, create a 72-hour emergency prepardeness kit.
- Download the Hydro One app (iOS or Android) to track and receive notification to keep you up to date
- Call Hydro One at 1-800-434-1235 to report the outage immediately so they can act as soon as possible.
- For more information visit Hydro One.
Emergency Preparedness for the residents of North Grenville
In an emergency, your family may not be together, or you may be asked to evacuate your home. Thinking about what you would do in different situations and preparing a plan with every member of your family is the first step to being prepared.
Emergency Houseshold Plan should include:
It will take you about 20 minutes to make a family emergency plan online. You can then print it out. Before starting, you will need to think about:
- Safe exits from home and neighbourhood
- Meeting places to reunite with family or roommates
- Designated person to pick up children should you be unavailable
- Contact persons close-by and out-of-town
- Health and insurance information
- Places for your pet to stay
- Risks in your region
- Location of your fire extinguisher, water valve, electrical panel, gas valve and floor drain