When a building permit is required, an application must be filed with the Building Division using the following forms. Once submitted with all the necessary documentation, a permit will be issued after the application has been checked to insure compliance with the Ontario Building Code, the Municipality's Zoning By-Law and any other applicable regulations. The Chief Building Official is responsible for the issuance of all building permits.
How to Submit a Building Permit
- The “Building a House - Application Form Checklist” is a guideline on how to fill out a building permit application and what documentation is required to complete an application.
- Submit your completed application along with all required documentation:
In Person or by mail
Municipality of North Grenville,
285 County Rd 44, P.O. Box 130
Kemptville, ON, K0G 1J0
- Base fee payments are due at time of application. The Building Department only accepts cash, debit, or cheques. Cheques can be made out to the Municipality of North Grenville.
- An inspector will review the application within approximately 10 Business Days; if any further information is required for permit issuance, the inspector will contact the applicant to discuss the outstanding information.
- For building related emergencies, please contact us directly at 613-258-9569 ext 130