In order to accommodate requests based on availability, we kindly request that advance notice be provided.
Upon review of the document, we will determine if the document meets our specifications. We reserve the right to refuse commissioning services of any document.
In order to obtain a marriage licence, the following documents must be provided to the Clerk’s Office:
- A Marriage Licence Application, completed and signed by both parties. [External link to Ontario's Central Forms Repository]
- Two pieces of identification as proof of age for both parties (original birth certificates preferred).
- If applicable, original Certificate of Divorce (Ontario Form 36B). If the divorce took place outside of Canada, please refer to the information here for requirements.
- If applicable, original death certificates of previous spouse.
- If you have already proceeded with a commitment or love ceremony, please advise our office.
- Please scan and send your completed Application Form, Proof of age and any other requirements, if applicable, to
- Once we have received and verified these documents we will contact you to set up a date and time for you to come by our Municipal Office to pay for and pick up your Marriage Licence.
The fee for a marriage licence is $130, payable by cash or debit – no credit cards. Please note: A marriage licence is only valid for three (3) months.
Couples who require civil marriage ceremony services can book their ceremony through the Clerk’s Office. Ceremonies can be conducted in the Urbandale Arts Centre (Theatre) at the Municipal Centre. New as of November 2023, marriage services are now available off-site to residents and non-residents. To book a civil marriage ceremony, you will need to provide the following information in an email to :
- Marriage Licence number
- The date Marriage Licence was purchased
- The location it was purchased
- Date and time you wish to have your civil marriage ceremony (one month notice required and based on availability).
The Clerk’s Office can provide a list of eligible staff who may perform Civil Ceremonies upon request.
Cost of the Civil Ceremony is a flat fee of $300.00 and Rehearsal fee is $50 payable by cash, debit, or cheque. Credit is not accepted.