Roundabouts are designed to improve the flow of traffic and make intersections safer for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists.
With the upcoming expansion of County Road 43, additional roundabouts will be built. Existing roundabouts will also be re-designed to improve safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians, and there will be safe crossings for pedestrians.
New Roundabout in 2023
This year, the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville will be building a new roundabout at the intersection of County Road 43 and 22 (South Gower Drive). The roundabout will slow traffic and make the intersection safer. The tender has already been awarded and construction is expected to begin this spring.
Key tips when approaching a roundabout:
- Slow down and yield to drivers in the roundabout
- Enter when there is a safe gap in the traffic
- Indicate a right turn as you approach your exit
- Stay in your lane; do not change lanes
- Do not stop inside the roundabout (except to avoid a collision)
- Remember to always watch for and yield to pedestrians