Thomas Christie, an early settler, was seeking spiritual guidance when he organized the ‘Regular Close Communion Baptist Church’ in the summer of 1841. In 1843 a frame church was built on this site on land donated by Phineas Pelton. The red brick structure seen today was constructed in 1886 and incorporates several building styles. Predominant among them is Gothic Revival. The church was once almost entirely surrounded by drive sheds for the congregants’ horses and rigs. It survived a fire in 1988. The church closed for nearly 10 years in the 1970s. The church reopened and held services until 2006.