Registration and Regulations
All dogs in the Municipality of North Grenville must be registered and must wear a numbered metal tag - especially when outdoors. These registration tags expire each year on December 31 and must be renewed prior to this date. Renewal price doubles after March 31.
No person shall own a dog or establish a kennel without first obtaining a licence.
|For each dog|
|Before March 31||$15.00|
|After March 31||$30.00|
|Before March 31||$125.00|
|After March 31||$250.00|
Limits on the number of dogs and cats
The limits on the number of dogs and cats, over 20 weeks of age, per household within Municipality of North Grenville are as follows:
- three dogs over 20 weeks of age in areas not zoned agricultural or rural
- five cats over 20 weeks of age in areas not zoned agricultural or rural
You must apply to the By-Law Officer to obtain a kennel licence since an inspection and verification of zoning compliance is required before the licence may be issued.
Download a Kennel Licence Application Form here:
Be A Responsible Pet Owner
- Register your dog with the Municipality on an annual basis
- Do not allow your dog to bark persistently
- Have your dog vaccinated against rabies.
- Do not allow your dog to attack or bite another domestic animal or person
- Always keep your dog leashed when off the property of it’s owner.
- Do not allow your dog to run at large.
- Do not allow your dog to trespass on private property.
- Always pick up your dog's feces.
- Provide regular care and attention to your dog.
- Have your dog spayed or neutered.
1 thru 8 are required by law and non-compliance could result in prosecution.