Application Process


Complete and sign the Building Permit Application

In some cases (such as for wood stoves, swimming pools, signs etc.) specialized application forms have been provided.

The completed application form must be accompanied by the following documents:

  1. a deed indicating the name of the registered owner of the property for which the permit is to be issued
  2. a site plan showing the location of all existing and proposed buildings or additions on the lot in relation to the property boundaries
  3. drawings of the proposed building, additions or alteration showing sufficient detail in order to determine compliance with the Ontario Building Code
  4. Energy Efficiency Design Summary (prescriptive method or performance method) demonstrating compliance with the Supplementary Standard SB-12
  5. (for rural properties) complete and sign a copy of the Certification of Licensing form for the well drilling contractor
  6. (for rural properties) complete and sign the Well Construction Agreement form
  7. attach a copy of the Septic System Permit (rural) or the Water/Sewer Connection Permit (urban), whichever is applicable. These permits are required for all new construction and some additions and renovations
For more information please contact:

Septic System Permit
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District
Health Unit, Part VIII Program
458 Laurier Blvd.
Brockville, ON
K6V 7A3
Tel: (613) 258-5941
Fax: (613) 258-1407

Water/Sewer Connection Permit
Municipality of North Grenville
285 County Rd 44
Kemptville, ON
K0G 1J0
Tel: (613) 258-9569
Fax: (613) 258-1441


Obtain an Entrance Permit from the relevant road authority:

County Road Entrance Permit

County Roads Department
United Counties of Leeds & Grenville
PO Box 729
Brockville, ON
K0G 1J0
Tel: (613) 342-3840

Municipal Roads Entrance Permit

Municipality of North Grenville
285 County Rd 44
Kemptville, ON
K0G 1J0
Tel: (613) 258-9569


A Capital Development Charge is assessed by the Municipality for all new buildings.

Proof of payment of this fee must be provided before a building permit can be issued

Register with the Tarion New Home Warranty Plan

All “builders” who construct new homes for the purpose of re-sale must provide proof of registration with the Tarion New Home Warranty Plan

Pay the Building Permit Fee

The Building Permit Fee must be paid before the permit can be issued

Ensure no other Land Use Approval Permits are required

Other Land Use approval permits may be required from such agencies as the local Conservation Authority, the provincial Ministry of Transportation, etc; depending on the nature of the project and the specific location of the site

ng logo white

Accessibility Statement

Municipal Office
285 County Road #44,
PO Box 130
Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0

Monday through Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm

General Inquiries

Arena Staff (business hours)
613-258-9569 ext 141 or 175

Arena Staff (evenings/weekends)
613-316-2451 or 613-316-5010

After-hours Emergency Number

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.