The mandate of the Health, Wellness, Fitness, and Active Transportation Advisory Committee is to implement the integrated trails strategy within the Municipality and to develop, deliver, evaluate, and sustain a healthy community in areas that relate to the Municipality.
The Committee shall:
- Provide awareness raising initiatives for the residents of North Grenville related to health, well-being and fitness topics (i.e., healthy tips, community resources),
- Provide input to the Council, regarding health trends and initiatives in the community and beyond;
- Provide support to our community stakeholders, and work to build community partnerships in achieving a community of health, wellbeing & fitness;
- build partnerships with other stakeholders that have a stake in the wellbeing of North Grenville residents;
- report back to Council on areas of interest, and with recommendations as identified through committee meetings;
- Act as Wellness Champions, leading by example; and
The Committee shall have regard to the shared priorities of the Community Strategic Plan, Committee Handbook, and Procedural By-Law.
For more information please contact the Deputy Clerk at