Construction Update - Week of May 29, 2023: (photos in gallery tab below)
- Roof installation on new addition to be completed
- Electrical rough-ins and drywall beginning
- Sanitary connections plus windows, doors installation
Week of June 5:
- New watermain connection. NOTE: Traffic disruptons at Reuben Crescent (closed at the curve heading south towards the Legion, to the Legion) for the purpose of connecting new sanitary and water services.
New Recreational Amenities include:
- A 50 by 100 feet outdoor rink with a concrete base. Elements will include ice refrigeration, provisions for a roof structure, and will be designed to support summer sports such as basketball, ball hockey, and special events.
- A splash pad with a variety of spray elements including a mega bucket soaker.
- A new building facility that will support accessible washrooms and provide year-round outdoor access to other users of the park.
- In 2013, the Municipality of North Grenville developed a revitalization plan for North Grenville's Riverside Park.
- The Riverside Park recreational amenities identified were based on public engagement in the 2020 Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan.
- Riverside Park is North Grenville's oldest and largest park, centrally located in North Grenville's downtown core and hosts many of the community's major events, including Canada Day.
- North Grenville’s Council has also prioritized investments to improve parks in rural hamlets.The $100,000 that North Grenville won as part of the Grand Prize from the 2021 Participaction Community Better Challenge (for being crowned Canada’s Most Active Community) will bring upgraded recreation infrastructure in several rural hamlets including:
1. A new play structure at Crozier Park, Oxford Mills;
2. A new play structure at Oxford Station Park;
3. A new rink house at Bishops’ Mills Park;
4. An upgraded basketball court behind the Burritt’s Rapids Community Centre.
Construction Begins at Riverside Park
Beginning Monday, September 26th, 2022, construction begins at Riverside Park. Part of the public parking lot will be closed. The park and BMX/skate park are still accessible. We thank you for your patience. Learn more about the Riverside Park Recreation Expansion...
- Construction Begins at Riverside Park
North Grenville Proceeds with Riverside Park Recreation Expansion Project
NORTH GRENVILLE - The Municipality of North Grenville is proceeding with plans to bring new recreation amenities to Riverside Park, including an outdoor rink, splash pad, and an accessible, four season change rooms and washrooms, as well as improved pool...
- North Grenville Proceeds with Riverside Park Recreation Expansion Project
Council Announces Significant Investment to Riverside Park for a Four-Season Experience
NORTH GRENVILLE, ON – Riverside Park will be undergoing a major expansion beginning in 2022. Earlier today, North Grenville’s Council was on site at Riverside Park to unveil the conceptual plan and timeline for new recreational amenities.
- Council Announces Significant Investment to Riverside Park for a Four-Season Experience
New Pool House Building Construction Completion
Splash Pad Construction Completion
Outdoor Rink Completion