Current Collection Week
Garbage collection is bi-weekly, or every other week.
For the purpose of curbside pick-up, the Municipality is divided into 5 zones with pick-up occurring in one of the zones each day Monday through Friday. Each zone is further split in 2 for alternating garbage collection. On the collection calendar this is reflected as Garbage Week 1 and Garbage Week 2.
Solid Waste FAQ
- Garbage is collected bi-weekly.
This is referred to in the collection calendar as Garbage Week 1 or Garbage Week 2.
- Recyclables are picked up on alternating weeks (fibre and paper one week, plastics/containers the next).
- Organics (green bin) is collected weekly (no bag tag required)
By participating in the Green Bin program and maximizing your recycling, you will reduce the amount of garbage you produce (and save money!). No bag tags are required for recycling or green bins.
Once you’ve determined your collection DAY, look on the collection zone (map) to determine your garbage week. It is referred to in the collection calendar as Garbage Week 1 or Garbage Week 2.
Put garbage a maximum of 10 feet from the edge of the road any time after 7pm the day before and no later than 7am on your collection day.
- Solid waste containers must not be larger than 127 litres (28 Imp. Gal.)
- Bags must not be larger than 127 litres (28 Imp. Gal.) and 30” x 36” in size.
- Maximum weight of containers or bags - 22 Kg or 50 lbs.
- Sprinkling a strong-smelling biodegradable repellent such as vinegar or detergent on your garbage bag/container helps keep pests away. Please do not use products that can be hazardous to the collectors such as cayenne pepper and chili powder.
- Use a garbage container that comes with a lockable lid. Please do not use bungee cords or modifications to secure the lid.
There is a 10-bag limit.
No. As per By-Law 7-21, Construction waste must be taken to the Oxford Mills Waste Transfer Station.
Emterra Environmental, the waste management contractor, is responsible for all aspects of North Grenville’s curbside pickup.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding WASTE or ORGANICS, please contact Emterra Environmental directly at: 1-855-532-7555.
If you have any questions or concerns about RECYCLING, please see circularmaterials.ca, email
- Waste is to be placed close to the edge of the road between 7 p.m. the night before and 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- During winter months,set your bins &/or bags on the cleared portion of your driveway and not on snowbanks.
- All solid waste placed curbside for collection (10‑bag max.) must have a bag tag attached.
- Organics collection (green bin) is weekly. There is no bag tag required.
Residents are also able to take their solid waste to the Waste Transfer Station themselves. Waste must either be properly tagged with bag tags or material will be weighted and charged accordingly.